English as Second Language is designed for students with limited English language skills. The objective of the program is to help students develop proficiency in speaking, understanding, reading and writing English in order that they may utilize their professional knowledge and fulfill their future career, academic and social goals.
- ESL Instruction is designed to meet the needs of beginning to low intermediate-level speakers.
- ESL – 5 Instruction is designed to meet the needs of beginning- through high-intermediate-level speakers.
ESL program objectives
ESL course work emphasizes elements of grammar and targeted grammatical structures, expansion of vocabulary, and the development of reading and writing skills from the low – beginning level through the low – intermediate level. The primary goal of the program is to teach communicative competence – that is, the ability to communicate in English in any social, professional or academic setting. After completing the program, students will be able to:
A. Comprehend normal rate speech.
B. Read level-appropriate written texts with full understanding.
C. Complete simple forms and documents, write letters and summarize information.
D. Function successfully in most social situations.
We invite you to come experience the “ATS difference” for yourself…
one which has earned our ESL program an outstanding reputation
in the Greater Cleveland area and beyond!
- Top-of-the-line facilities including a computer lab with all the necessary amenities and a school lending library.
- Dedicated, experienced instructors with solid pedagogical backgrounds – all of whom speak at least one other language besides English!
- A curriculum which addresses the language learning needs of students of every level of proficiency.
- Small class sizes, offering students individual attention, customized instruction, and abundant speaking practice!
- Convenient morning, afternoon and evening classes designed to fit into anyone’s busy schedule!
- Some of the best print, audio, video, and computer-based instructional resources available for adult learners.
- A caring multilingual support staff devoted to helping you in every step of your journey!
ATS Institute of Technology
Tel: 216-661-8800 | 216-347-0194